I hope you are all good. I decided to make a post like this because people have been asking me how to study. While I don't think that there is anything particularly amazing about my studying habits, I will share what I do and hopefully you find the information useful.
- Find a good spot to study. I study at the dining table. I know many people need solitude when studying and if that is the case find the most quiet place in your house (hopefully you won't have to resort to the bathroom). I like studying at the dining table because I need room when I study. Also when food is ready I'm the first one at the table.
- If you feel like you listen to music try listening to classical. I personally can not study with any other type of music and words are too distracting (especially when reading).
- Give yourself time limits when doing things. It took me a while to figure this one out but it is necessary (to me). Time limits stop you from procrastinating and keep you on track! It may be helpful to make these time limits before you begin studying and write them down. Which leads me to my next point...
- Keep a planner or agenda book! Set goals/stay organized!
- Take breaks in between subjects.