Sunday, August 24, 2014

Let's Chat #22: Hair Talk and a Bit of Rambling

Hi everyone,

I named this post "hair talk" because there is a high probability that I will start rambling (I don't know where I will end up) :P.  Let me start by saying the cliche "embrace what you've got".  I know saying that is so corny, but there has to be a reason why it is said all of the time.  It is so easy to look over the fence and be wowed by what other people have (which is ok) and change it up to try new things (which is also ok) then end up hating where you started (which is NOT ok).  "Embrace what you've got"; easier said than done.  I am not going to sit here and tell you how extremely self confident I am and how I have always loved my features.  I am not going to say that there wasn't a time where I prayed that my curls would magically loosen, because "everyone loves girls with wavy/straight hair".  I'm not going to tell you that I don't have anything I need to work on.  Why? Because that would be a lie.  

I think when you are a teenager it is so easy to wish something about you was different.  Wishing that something about you was different can lead to you trying things that just don't work for you.  Just think back at your teen years and you'll probably remember an awkward phase you went through, where you decided to try out a hairstyle or makeup trend that didn't suit you.  That is ok because not everything suits everybody.  For example, I do not look good with super straight hair, because of my face shape, I think it makes me look sad (lol).   It is completely fine to experiment with looks.  I am not saying to stay the same way forever, that would be boring.  What I am saying is that even if you change things up you still have to go back to and face the way you really are (eventually), and most of all you have to be fine with it.  Also, facing the way you really are doesn't mean jus giving up and not trying, it means "working with what you got"  (more cliches, yes I know).  For example, if your hair is curly, like me, find out the right products and routine to get your curls the best they can be.  Finding out what works for you may not be easy but it is worth it! If you can work with what you got, not only will you get props from me, you will feel liberated!
Be the best YOU can be!

So here is a collection of hairstyles to inspire you...

Well I did ramble a bit but I don't think I went too off topic.
Also this doesn't only apply to hair it, can apply to any of your features.  I just mentioned hair because it was my example.
If you have ever disliked one of your features and came to love it I would LOVE to hear about it!
Thanks for reading. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!