I have been hearing buzz about coconut oil for a while now. I have used products that contained coconut milk and oil, but about two months ago I purchased my first jar of virgin unrefined coconut oil. I absolutely love this stuff. Unlike other oils, coconut oil has a low melting point which means it also has a low freezing point. This is great because when coconut oil is at room temperature it is a solid, making it easy to apply (just by scooping it out), unlike other oils. The low melting point allows it to be melted in without leaving clumps! It is perfect, and it smells great!
- If your skin is dry you may want to apply coconut oil to your skin and lips. This is especially important with the colder weather months coming.
- If you wish to use this on your face use it sparingly because you don't want your face to appear too oily.
- You may want to apply this around your eyes if the skin is dry. This can be also used to condition your eyelashes (that's right I said condition and eyelashes in the same sentence). If your eyelashes fall out it may be because they are dry.
- This can be used as an oil-based makeup remover.
- To apply to hair you do not need much. Coconut oil will add softness and shine to your hair. Remember it will melt in quickly so don't worry about the clumps.
- You can also use coconut oil to shine leather.
- You can use this to clean paint brushes (instead of using mineral spirits).
The great thing about coconut oil is that considering all of the uses it is relatively cheap!
Do you know any other uses or recipes with coconut oil?